A broadfork, also known as a grelinette, is an essential tools for small-scale farming and gardening using a no-till approach to soil preparation. The broadfork lifts and aerates soil without shredding it as a motorized tiller does. Broadforks are also excellent for heavy duty weeding, and they can be an assist for harvesting root crops.
The CobraHead Broadfork is produced by Structures Co., Inc., of Cambridge, Wisconsin. The design is a joint effort between Noel Valdes of CobraHead and Craig Carpenter of Structures Co. The fork uses a traditional European broadfork design but with a unique tine mounting system where the tines are mounted through the cross bar instead of being welded to the outside of the crossbar. The 5/8" (15.9mm) tines are made of 1045 carbon steel, a strong steel with excellent resistance to bending.
- Light Weight - 14 lbs. - 6.4kg
- Strength - through the crossbar tine mounting – 1045 tine steel
- Round tines – lift soil unlike flat blade tines
Easier cleanup than outside mounted or flat tines
- Optimally curved tines – penetrate tough soils
- Ash Handles - great to work with
- Traditional U-design - highly ergonomic
- Overall Height - 57"
- Handle Length - 48"
- Width at widest point - 21"
- Width (outside tine to tine) - 17 1/2"
- Tine Length - 9 1/4"
- Tine Diameter - 5/8"
- Weight - 14 lbs
Shipping charges included within the contiguous 48 states. Please note this item ships in multiple packages.
If you would like a freight quote to a delivery location outside the contiguous 48 states, please call us at 866-962-6272 or click the "Get quote" button below.